February 15, 2013

Luna, the mad skilled Olive Egger!

Today has been a busy day for sure. Laundry, cleaning the house ya know the normal. The last few days my girls are giving me eggs at different times. So about 30 minutes ago I stopped out to the coop to feed them dinner and do an egg check. This is what I found...

 IT IS NOT A JOKE! I AM DEAD SERIOUS!!!!

 

I am at a major loss for words here. I mean I completely floored! Have you ever had something like this happen to you? Now, here is the thing. It is not uncommon to put plastic eggs in the nest boxes to encourage new layers to lay. I noticed yesterday that the plastic egg was opened and made a mental note that I needed to remove them. The "Ladies" pretty much got it down now.

But this? The only thing I can think of is that Miss Luna dropped her egg right at the perfect angle. What else could it be? I knew that having chickens would be fun, but I never thought it would completely leave me amazed! My Luna has "mad skills."

2 comments:

KathyB. said...

Wow, she is one talented and agile chicken. I have sen a lot of odd eggs, amazingly large or small eggs, but nothing like this. ( and I have placed plastic eggs in my laying boxes before)Good thing you photographed it because otherwise no one would believe it.

wtf-ery said...

Well! With a name like Luna, she HAS to be fabulous! I really like her mad skills - super cute. And almost in time for Easter? Wonder if she'll try it again...